Family Resource Center
The Family Resource Center provides a wide variety of services designed to support the healthy development of families. If you have questions regarding the resources below, please contact the Family Resource Site Coordinator at 860-823-4205 x 2531.
Additional Resources for Families:
Click the link above to view the Gemma E. Moran/ United Way mobile pantry calendar.
Infant Toddler Programs
- PAT – Parents-As-Teachers Servicing 20 Families with weekly home visits & support
- Weekly Playgroups for Parents & Family Child Care Provider
- Weekly ELL Playgroups
- Ages & Stages Developmental Screenings
- Prenatal Visits & Support
Early Childhood Programs
- NAEYC ACCREDITED
- Full Day Preschool/Child Care
- Half Day Preschool
- School Readiness Early Childhood Education
Support & Training for Family Child Care Providers
- Provider Training
- Kith n Kin Providers
- Monthly Provider Alliance Meetings
Resource and Referral
- Care 4 Kids Assistance
- Social Services Information
- Child Care Provider Information
- Community Happenings and Activity Information
- Professional Workshops
- Family Workshops
Adult Education Referrals To
- ESL (English as a Second Language) classes
- GED classes
This packet contains 30 pages of local resources for families- including food assistance programs, domestic violence, utility assistance, health care, mental health, counseling, transportation, employment services, parenting classes and many more. NPS updates this packet regularly as more resources become available.
This packet is designed to help families in crisis. This provides practical advice for parents of children who are depressed, anxious, suicidal and engaging in self-harm. This information highlights alternatives to the Emergency Department, how to locate counselors for your child, developing family plans, using school resources, etc.