Read for 30-60 minutes each day.
Talk about your reading with a reading partner (i.e. mom, sibling, grandparent) for 15 minutes each day.
Write about reading (30 minutes). Respond to questions and thought prompts below:
- Summarize the important events or episodes from the text in the order that they happened.
- Determine a theme of a story, drama or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects on a topic.
- Why do you think the character felt or acted ___ ?
- What are the aspects of this genre that you noticed?
- What text features did you notice in the book? How did they help you understand the book?
- What did the author want you to learn from this book?
Complete the NPS Learning At Home packet for 30-60 minutes each day. This can be broken up into smaller units of time.
At-Home Reading: Week 1
At-Home Literacy: Week 1
Practice counting and writing numbers to 100,000
Practice multiplying and dividing one and two digit numbers
Practice adding and subtracting fractions
Complete the NPS Learning At Home packet for 30 minutes each day. This can be broken up into smaller units of time.
At-Home Math: Week 1