Read for 30-60 minutes each day.
Talk about your reading with a reading partner (i.e. mom, sibling, grandparent) for 15 minutes each day.
Write about reading (30 minutes). Respond to questions and thought prompts below:
- Summarize the important events from the text in the order that they happened.
- Determine the theme of a story, drama or poem from the details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
- What is the big idea or theme of the text? How do they apply to our lives today?
- What is the text structure of this book? Why did the author choose this?
- What was the most important part of the story? Why?
- Evaluate the author’s character and plot development?
Complete the NPS Learning At Home packet for 30-60 minutes each day. This can be broken up into smaller units of time.
At-Home Reading Packet: Week 1
At-Home Literacy Packet: Week 1
Practice counting and writing numbers to 1,000,000
Practice multiplying and dividing multi-digit numbers
Practice multiplying and dividing fractions
Complete the NPS Learning At Home packet for 30 minutes each day. This can be broken up into smaller units of time.
At-Home Math Packet: Week 1