Skip To Main Content


Students smiling outside

Pre K-8th Grade Students

Online Registration

Norwich Public Schools handles registration online through SchoolMint! You can register using a computer or mobile device. We recommend using the registration checklist to ensure that you have all required documents before starting the process. 

If you cannot register your child online due to hardship, the registration office can assist with in-person registration by appointment only. Please call the registration office with any questions at (860) 823-4200 extension #1. 

To request an in-district transfer, please fill out this form and a member of the registration office will reach out.

RegisteR ONLINE (PRE K-8)


Effective in the Fall of 2024, children will need to turn five (5) on or before September 1 of the school year in order to be automatically eligible to enroll in kindergarten. 

Learn more about how NPS is implementing this new requirement.


Residency Verification

The district requires all grade-level students who live in Norwich (06360, 06380, 06389) to provide proof of residency to attend a school outside of the Norwich Public Schools.

Documents Required

  • parent/guardian ID
  • student proof of age
  • two proofs of residency

Document Upload

Smart Phone / Tablet
Take photos of the documents when uploading.

Scan documents before starting the form.

Five 2023 High School Graduates standing in a row

Registration for Norwich Regional Adult Education

Get your high school diploma! Improve your English! Become a U.S. citizen! Learn more about all of our program offerings, including ABE, GED, AHSCDP, NEDP, Citizenship Prep, ESOL!

Learn More about Norwich Regional Adult Education

Registration for Adult Students (17+)

All students must complete a registration process, including a placement test in reading and math. Call the office to make an appointment.

Please bring with you:

• Photo Identification  (driver’s license, passport, etc.)

• Proof of Address (piece of your mail with current address and a recent postmark date)

• Social Security Number  (if you have had one issued to you)

• High School Transcript  (if entering high school program)

• Official High School Withdrawal  (if 17 or 18 years of age)