Dear Preschool Families,
Welcome and welcome back! We are so excited to begin a new school year. This school year, we will have preschool classes at Bishop, Mahan, and Veterans schools. Some of our classes are part-day for 2 hours and 40 minutes and some of our classes are school day for 6 hours. The part-day classes are free to families. There is a family fee for school day classes. The fee is determined in accordance with the Office of Early Childhood (OEC) sliding scale fee determined by a combination of household income and family size.
- Bishop part-day AM classes are from 9:30 AM - 12:10 PM; children all receive free lunch.
- Bishop part-day PM classes are from 12:50 PM - 3:30 PM; children all receive free lunch.
- Bishop school day classes are from 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM; children receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Mahan school day classes are from 8:10 AM - 2:10 PM; children receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Veterans part-day AM classes are from 8:50 AM - 11:30 PM; children receive free breakfast.
- Veterans part-day PM classes are from 12:55 PM - 3:35 PM; children receive a free lunch.
At this time, we do have a waitlist for preschool slots. As slots become available, the school will contact families to offer a slot for their child.
We are excited to welcome children back to school on Monday, August 30, 2021. Due to COVID restrictions, as last year, we cannot allow visitors inside the schools. The teachers will be holding virtual “meet and greets” on Friday, August 27, 2021, at 10:45 a.m. This will allow families a glimpse inside their child’s classroom and an introduction to their child’s teacher. As children arrive for the first day of school and subsequent days, staff will unload children off the buses. Families that prefer to transport will be asked to wait in their cars, and a staff member will come over to the car to greet your child. Parents will buckle and unbuckle their child, and the staff member will walk the child to and from the school building. We ask that parents please drive through the parent lane and not enter the bus lane.
See you soon!
Jenna Tenore, Early Childhood Coordinator