Dear Mahan Families,
On behalf of the entire Mahan Staff, we extend a sincere and heartfelt welcome to you as we begin the 2021-2022 school year. While there may be elements of this year's reopening that do not resemble the less restrictive opening we had hoped for, the excitement and anticipation of a new year of growth and learning remain the same! The entire Mahan community continues to work tirelessly to create a clean, safe, and nurturing environment for your children.
As I begin my first year as Principal at Mahan, I am honored to work alongside such highly qualified and dedicated teachers, energetic students, and supportive families. I will work diligently with parents and staff to foster and maintain a safe and positive learning community; one that emphasizes academic excellence, child-centered instruction, mutual trust, respect, and open communication. To those of you who are new to Mahan, we extend an especially warm welcome and our sincere hope that you will soon feel at home. I look forward to building relationships with all of you this year and beyond.
Mahan community involvement takes place within and beyond our school walls. We take pride in recognizing both student and staff achievements. All of us at Mahan invite you to contribute your time and ideas as we continue to work together in the best interests of all of our children. I would like to invite you to visit the Mahan Elementary School website, Mahan Facebook page, as well as Mahan Classroom Dojo will serve as platforms to showcase and share pictures of all the exciting work and school events that your children contribute to in school.
Please get to know my assistant, Mrs. MacGregor. She is available to assist you with any questions that you may have throughout the year. Mahan: 860-823-4205
Here are some important reminders as we get ready for the school year:
- Masks are required for ALL staff and students.
- Uniforms are required for all students: norwichpublicschools.org/uniforms
- School doors open at 8:00 AM and the day begins at 8:10 AM.
- Dismissal is at 2:55 PM. Early dismissal is at 12:55 PM.
- If your child will be driven to school (parent drop-off), please enter the parking lot and pull to the back of the building and to the designated area where a staff member will greet you and help your child out of your car. Please, DO NOT get out of your vehicle.
- The same procedure will be followed in the afternoon (parent pick-up).
- If you are picking up your child, please be sure to call the school by 1:30 or send in a note with your child.
- Please be sure to call the school with your current cell phone number/email address so you will receive all updates to school information. Thank you.
We can’t wait to see all of you at our Back to School Picnic on August 26th from 5:00-6:30 p.m. in the back of Mahan School!