- Earn a high school diploma in 3 ways.
- Earn a Adult High School Credit Diploma
- Earn a GED®
- Earn a National External Diploma
- Learn reading, writing and math skills.
- Study English for Speakers of Other Languages.
- Prepare to become a U.S. Citizen.
Our academic programs are offered to residents of Norwich and the 11 surrounding school districts that comprise the Norwich Regional Adult Education Cooperative. It is supported by local Boards of Education, as well as state and federal grants, these classes to improve basic skills, learn to speak English, or earn a high school diploma are free of charge to the residents of Norwich and Cooperative towns.
- Norwich Regional Adult Education provides state-mandated programs in addition to workforce preparation training and continuing education classes.
- All Adult Education classes are available to adults from Norwich and Cooperative towns who are age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in public school.
- Call our main office for (860) 823-4299 for registration dates & times. Registration is by appointment only.
- Main Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
The Norwich Regional Board of Education is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation or past or present physical or mental disability in any of its education programs, activities or employment policies. All education programs and offerings, including extracurricular activities, subscribe to this policy.
All activities offered by Norwich Regional Adult Education are held in accessible locations. Accommodations for individuals with a disability are available upon request. This catalog will be made available in alternate formats upon request. Please contact Pam Faley, Norwich Regional Adult Education, 860.823.4299 for further assistance.
FREE CLASSES are available for residents of the following school districts: Bozrah, East Lyme, Franklin, Ledyard, Lisbon, North Stonington, Norwich, Preston, Salem, Sprague, Stonington, and Voluntown.
Non-residents are welcome for a small fee.
FREE CLASSES made possible by local, state & federal funding.
- ABE = Adult Basic Education (learn to read, write and do basic math)
- CP = Citizenship Preparation (prepare for the U.S. Citizenship test)
- ESOL = English for Speakers of Other Languages (learn to speak, read, and write English)
- GED® = General Education Development (leads to State of CT High School Diploma)
- AHSCDP = Adult High School Credit Diploma Program (leads to High School Diploma from Norwich Public Schools)
- NEDP = National External Diploma Program (leads to High School Diploma from Norwich Public Schools)