Dear Early Learning Center Families and Staff,
As you know our beloved Pre-School Coordinator, Lynn DePina is retiring at the end of this month. We wish Lynn the best and thank her for her unconditional love and support of the children and families of the Norwich Public Schools.
We advertised the position and we had thirteen qualified candidates apply for the position. We interviewed the four most highly qualified applicants. The interview committee was comprised of:
- Heather Romanski, Chairman of the Norwich Board of Education
- Christine Distasio, Member of the Norwich Board of Education
- Lucien Varela, Norwich Teacher, Music at Bishop and Moriarty
- Dina Subiono, Norwich Pre-School Special Education Teacher at Bishop
- Beth Hanlon, Norwich Special Education Supervisor
- Susan Lessard, Stanton Elementary School Principal
- Teresa Eagan, Interim Assistant Superintendent for Culture and Climate
- Pauline Lisi, Interim Assistant Superintendent for Academic Instruction
- Jamie Bender, Special Education Director
- Kristen Stringfellow, Superintendent
We unanimously came to a decision and offered the position to Jenna Tenore.
Jenna possesses a B.S. in Special Education and an M.A. in Special Education and Early Childhood Education from the University of St. Joseph. She has a 6th Year degree in Educational Leadership from UCONN and is a Ph.D. Candidate at Lesley University.
Since 2017, Jenn has served as a Supervisor of Student Services and Special Education in the Norwich Public Schools. She has served as an Early Childhood Coordinator in Old Lyme, a Principal of an Early Childhood Magnet School and the Principal of an Early Childhood Center.
Jenna and her family make their home in Wethersfield CT. Please join me in welcoming Jenna into her new role.
Kristen E. Stringfellow, Ed.D.