March 1, 2019
Dear Uncas Families,
As we say goodbye to February and welcome in the month of March (hopefully some spring weather as well), I want to update you on some upcoming events. First, thank you for all those who attended our Choose Love Night. It was a big success and a joy to see our students, families, and staff working on various social/emotional activities together.
As another grading period comes to a close, I would like to remind all parents to sign up with your student's teacher to set up a time to meet and discuss the progress your child has made this year. Please note that on Wednesday March 6th and Thursday March 7th, students will be dismissed at 1:35 pm. On Friday, March 8th, there is no school for students, Teachers, however, will be holding conferences in the afternoon on the 8th.
Below are the specific days and times for conferences:
- Wednesday, March 6th from 4:30 pm-6:30 pm
- Thursday, March 7th from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Friday, March 8th from 1:30 pm-3:30 pm
Also, beginning this Friday, March 1st Uncas School will celebrate Read Across America Week. This is a time of the year where we highlight the work of Dr. Seuss and the importance of reading! Many of our classrooms will be participating in various literacy activities during the week. Also, our Book Fair will be held from Monday, March 4th through Thursday, March 7th. Below is a schedule of some of the planned activities that will occur during Read Across America Week. Please contact your child’s teacher for more information:
- Friday, March 1st- “Dr. Seuss Day” Guest readers from United Way will read their favorite Dr. Seuss book in various classrooms.
- Monday, March 4th- “Cat in the Hat Day” Students and staff can wear a crazy hat!
- Tuesday, March 5th- “Estimation with the Lorax” Classrooms will participate in estimation activities throughout the day.
- Wednesday, March 6th- “Fox in Socks Day” Students and staff can wear their crazy socks!
- Thursday, March 7th- “Hop on Pop Day” Students will make a mustache like the Lorax and participate in other Dr. Seuss activities.
As always feel free to call the office or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing all of you during our upcoming parent conferences!
Peter Camp, Principal
Uncas Network School