Dear Kelly STEAM Families,
On behalf of the faculty and staff, I would like to welcome you to the 2019-20 school year! We thank you for visiting our website and we are glad to have a chance to tell you about all of the wonderful things that are happening here at Kelly STEAM.
This year students will:
- Explore STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math) through our theme of Design & The Arts in the 21st Century within an exploratory, standards-based core curriculum.
- Learn in a MakerSpace about innovation and invention by bringing their creative thinking to life.
- Uncover their talents by participating in performances through Drama, Instrumental/Band and Chorus classes.
- Engage in photography, photo editing, graphic design and 2D animation in our Media Arts Lab.
- Compose original songs in Digital Music class.
- Learn to game code and program with robots.
- Study painting, sculpture and drawing while working with various art mediums.
Our vision is to empower all students as innovative thinkers. Our staff and families guide students through social and academic experiences to help them become critically engaged citizens dedicated to solving problems and contributing to the public.
Our Parent Teacher Organization made great strides last year! We always welcome new families and have openings for parent volunteers and members. I encourage you to get involved! Please visit our PTO Page for more information.
Please review the attendance and dress code policy on the Norwich Public Schools website. Daily attendance and preparedness is a key component to your child's academic, social and behavioral success. We truly miss our students when they are out!
It is our goal to partner with families to create a learning environment that is engaging, challenging, and supportive. We always welcome your input. Please feel free to call or email me to discuss any concerns you might have throughout the school year.
I look forward to a safe, enriching and fun school year!
And remember….KELLY Pride STEAM Strong!
Sheri Tanner, Principal