National External Diploma Program (NEDP)
Check out our program brochure here!
Unique way to acquire a high school diploma for adults who:
- are self-directed and mature.
- may be concerned about confidentiality.
- want recognition of their lifelong learning and employment experiences.
- prefer to demonstrate their knowledge in practical ways.
- need flexible scheduling.
- can document work-related skills and experiences; document a current occupation or trade; or demonstrate a special talent or advanced academic skills.
The program is designed for especially mature adults and is:
- conducted through one-on-one appointments with trained advisors and assessors.
completed within six months to a year.
It also offers participants:
- flexible scheduling.
- the ability to choose their instructional resource.
- demonstration of skills, without requiring classroom time.
The National External Diploma Program is currently offered at the Adult Education Center, 191 Hickory Street, Norwich, CT, but is available to students throughout the Cooperative.
860-823-4299 ext. 2305
Check out www.nedp.org
It is the policy of the Norwich Regional Adult Education Cooperative that no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against under any program, including employment, because of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, mental retardation, and past/present history of mental disorder, learning disability and physical disability.