Attend Today, Achieve Tomorrow!
Did You Know?
- Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
- Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
- Absences can be a sign that a student is losing interest in school, struggling with school work, dealing with a bully or facing some other potentially serious difficulty.
- By 6th grade, absenteeism is one of three signs that a student may drop out of high school.
- Students can be chronically absent even if they only miss a day or two every few weeks.
Parent's Toolkit 2.0
Attendance: Elementary (English)
Attendance: Elementary (Spanish)
Attendance: Middle (English)
Attendance: Middle (Spanish)