Dear Stanton Families,
On behalf of the entire Stanton Staff, we extend a sincere and heartfelt welcome to you as we begin the 2021-2022 school year. While there may be elements of this year's reopening that do not resemble the less restrictive opening we had hoped for, the excitement and anticipation of a new year of growth and learning remain the same! The entire Stanton community continues to work tirelessly to create a clean, safe, and nurturing environment for your children.
This year we are grateful to have the addition of an Assistant Principal, Carolina Mendez-Korczynski. Mrs. Mendez-Korczynski comes to us with 23 years of experience as an educator in Windham. She has been a first and second-grade teacher, a bilingual teacher, and a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) educator. Her training and attendance at national conferences have contributed to her work writing integrated STEM lessons. She has presented science-related content at state conferences. Welcome to the team, Mrs. M-K!
As I begin my fifth year as Principal at Stanton, I am honored to work alongside such highly qualified and dedicated teachers, energetic students, and supportive families. I will continue to work diligently with parents and staff to foster and maintain a safe and positive learning community; one that emphasizes academic excellence, child-centered instruction, mutual trust, respect, and open communication. To those of you who are new to Stanton, we extend an especially warm welcome and our sincere hope that you will soon feel at home. I look forward to building relationships with all of you this year and beyond.
Stanton community involvement takes place within and beyond our school walls. We take pride in recognizing both student and staff achievements. All of us at Stanton invites you to contribute your time and ideas as we continue to work together in the best interests of all of our children. I would like to invite you to visit the Stanton Elementary School website as well as our Stanton Facebook page. Facebook will serve as a platform to showcase and share pictures of all the exciting work and school events that your children contribute to in school.
Please get to know my assistant, Mrs. VeraCruz. She is available to assist you with any questions that you may have throughout the year. Stanton School: 860-823-4207
Here are some important reminders as we get ready for the school year:
- Masks are required for ALL staff and students
- Uniforms are required for all students: norwichpublicschools.org/uniforms
- School doors open at 8:45 AM and the day begins at 8:50 AM.
- Dismissal is at 3:35 PM. Early dismissal is at 1:35 PM.
- If your child will be driven to school (parent drop-off), please enter the parking lot and pull up to the designated area where a staff member will greet you and help your child out of your car. Please, DO NOT get out of your vehicle.
- The same procedure will be followed in the afternoon (parent pick-up).
- If you are picking up your child, please be sure to call the school by 2:00 or send in a note with your child.
- Please be sure to call the school with your current cell phone number/email address so you will receive all updates to school information. Thank you.
We can’t wait to see all of you at our Back to School Picnic on August 26th from 5:00-6:30 p.m. in the back of Stanton School!
Susan M. Lessard