Dear Global Studies Families,
I want to extend a warm welcome to all of our students. I hope your summer was relaxing and enjoyable. We are excited to begin this journey towards global awareness at Global Studies Magnet Middle School.
Our students will access new state of the art technology to:
- Research global issues with one-to-one technology in each classroom.
- Visit other countries in our virtual reality gallery.
- Meet students around the state, country, and world in our distance learning lab.
- Create inspiring public service announcements in our video production lab.
- Communicate in various languages in our new language lab.
- Create original music using GarageBand.
- Create professional posters with our new printing press.
Our vision is for all of our students to be curious, resilient global citizens who use intellect and empathy to shape the world. We are committed to providing a rigorous, relevant curriculum in a safe, positive school community! When we work together as a committed team, all students succeed and reach their highest potential.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL INFORMATION
- Masks must be worn by all students
- Family Picnic / Open House: Thursday, August 26th, 5:30 pm
- First Day of School: Monday, August 30th, 7:55 am-3:00 pm
- Free breakfast and lunch is available to all students
- Students enter the building, pick up breakfast and join their homerooms
- Bus lists/schedule – email and texts have been sent to families
- First PTO Meeting: September 16th
- PLEASE SAVE THE DATE // Picture Day: October 14th, 2021
Please review the attendance, cell phone, and dress code policies on the Norwich Public School website. Please remember, daily attendance is vital to your middle schoolers' academic, social and behavioral success. Every day is a learning day!
Our new Parent Teacher Family Association will be rebuilding, and both have openings for parent volunteers and members. I urge you to become involved! The school will distribute additional information in early September.
All of us at Global Studies Magnet Middle School are eager and excited to begin what promises to be the best year ever! I welcome your input. Please feel free to call or email me to discuss any concerns you might have throughout the school year.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions as we begin this exciting new year!
Global Studies Magnet Middle School