On 1/11/22, Governor Lamont issued an executive order for the reemployment of Connecticut Teachers due to significant staffing shortages. Norwich Public Schools are currently hiring many teacher roles.
Wequonnoc Arts & Technology Magnet Elementary School
By creating a safe, respectful and responsive learning environment, Wequonnoc Arts and Technology Magnet School engages students in critical thinking, creativity and innovation. We ensure high achievement by providing a hands-on, research-based curriculum exposing students to a wide range of ideas, content and experiences. Through the use of technology and the five artistic disciplines, we encourage all of our students to express themselves in unique and personally meaningful ways.
The Wequonnoc Community:
- Believes in an integrated approach, providing instruction in visual, music, theatre, dance, and media arts.
- Utilizes technology to engage in research and to produce new learning on a daily basis.
- Honors the creativity and curiosity that is in all of our students and families
- Teaches students to take risks, try new things, and experiment with ideas that intrigue them.
- Has high expectations for our students…our staff…and our school.
- Knows that through rigorous learning experiences, we will all achieve.